This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. See our full disclosure here.
This post is all about things to do when bored.
I hate being bored when I'm stuck at home. I am definitely that person that always needs to be doing something whether it's watching Netflix or playing board games.
It's just sometimes you have no idea what to do at home. This is why I've created the ultimate list filled with things to do when bored to keep you entertained.
Some of these ideas are not that entertaining but it is productive for you to accomplish your goals.
This post is about things to do when bored.
Things to do When Bored
1. FaceTime your loved ones: Call some friends or family that you haven't spoken to in a while.
2. Board games: Have a competitive spirit? Challenge your friends or family to some more board games.
3. Read: If you never have time to read this is the perfect time to start or finish a book. Here are a few of reccommend books:
4. Get ahead of your homework
5. Work from home
6. Paint: I think this idea perfect for when you are bored. You can follow a Bob Ross tutorial or look through Pinterest for inspiration.
7. DIY project: Another thing to do when bored at home you can start a DIY project for your apartment. Check out my post on some easy DIY projects you can do at home.
8. Rearrange your room: I know that I'm not the only person that rearranges their room every now and then.
This is the perfect time to redesign your room and find another place for your lamp or dresser. If you're really bored you could paint your room a different color.
9. Do a puzzle or riddles
10. Go on a long walk: Go on a long walk and enjoy the sun while listening to your favorite playlist. Bonus take your dogs on a walk with you.
11. Bake: I love to bake. It's my all-time favorite thing to do when I'm bored. There are numerous baking recipes you can find on Pinterest.
13. Netflix party
14. Make friendship bracelets: Make some friendship bracelets for your friends to show them how much you love them.
15. Meal prep
16. Online surveys: If you're just sitting around and have nothing to do take some online surveys to earn some extra cash just by answering questions.
If you're looking for other ways to work from home here is online jobs that you can do in your pajamas.
17. Watch an award-winning movie
18. Knit: If you're feeling crafty pick-up knitting and knit your pets some cute outfits.
19. Routines: One thing that every successful person has in their daily life is a routine.
Create a morning and evening routines to accomplish more goals for your day. Here is how to create the perfect morning routine for you.
20. Write a song
21. Make a Vision bored: A productive thing to do when your bored is creating a vision board.
Many successful people create vision boards to visualize the life that they want accomplish. You can create a poster vision board or a digital one on Pinterest.
23. Create a budget
24. Plan a trip: If you're anything like me I love to travel and plan. This is the perfect time to plan your trip by finding what you want to do, places to stay, and places to eat.
25. Start a garden
26. Picnic: Have a picnic indoors or outdoors at a local park. Grab all your favorite snacks and drinks and enjoy a movie or the outside.
27. Create a family tree
29. Night swimming
30. Play childhood games: Go on websites that used to go on as a child-like Webkinz, Poptropica, or cool math games and relive your childhood moments
31. Purge your social media: Utilize your block and unfollow button accounts that make you feel less than and upset you.
32. Take an online course
33. Preform a dialogue: Perform a dialogue from your favorite movie and performing in front of your friends and family.
34. Learn an instrument: Take the time to learn that instrument you always wanted to play.
35. Watch a TED talk: Find a TED Talk that you might find interesting.
36. Listen to an audiobook: Listen to your favorite book on Audible and listen to it while you're in the car, taking a shower, or working out.
38. Create affirmations: Positive affirmations that you could include in your daily routine to start your day off on a positive note.
39. Chalk drawings: Play with your inner child and draw with chalk on the sidewalk.
40. Learn how to use adobe
41. Come up with outfit ideas: Go through your closet and come up with some trendy new outfit ideas.
42. Change your hair: Take the time to do something different with your hair whether it's coloring it or cutting it.
43. Learn makeup: If you're not that great with makeup or you want to improve watch a new makeup tutorial to follow.
44. Thrift clothes and flip them: If you love to Thrift Shop you could go thrifting and flip your clothes. There are tons of YouTube tutorials on how to flip your jeans into shorts or give your shirt a new look.
45. Make scrunchies
46. Learn the Parent Trap or Spiderman handshake: This is something that I've always wanted to do is to learn The Parent Trap or the Spider-Man Homecoming handshake. This looks like such a fun idea to do with one of your family members.
47. Make a resume or cover letter template: Update your resume or create a cover letter template to help you get that next job.
48. Start a blog: I recommend if you're bored is to start a blog. Blog about something you're passionate about. Whether you love to travel, fashion, food, or just talking about your life there are so many blog topics that you can choose from to give advice to others.
If you're interested on how to start a blog follow my step by step guideline on how to start a profitable blog. If you already know how to set it up I recommend using a self hosted platform like Bluehost its only $2.95/month which is insane!
49. At home photoshoot: If you want to create a new profile picture or a headshot go around your house and find somewhere to take a photo. You can also get a tripod for your phone so you can do it all by yourself.
51. Movie marathon: Have a movie marathon of all your favorite movies. Some of my favorite movies:
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- White Chicks
- The Greatest Showman
- And anything Disney
52. Write your future self a letter: Take the time to write your future self a letter about where you see yourself in the next 5 or 10 years. Use this website if interested they will send it to you for free!
54. Clean our your car: If you're looking for productive things to do when bored is to clean out your car. I don't know about you but I know that my car needs some love.
55. Try a recipe from a movie: There are so many recipes in movies that I'm like I have to have it.
One thing that I've always wanted to make what's the gray stuff from Beauty and the Beast. Think of your favorite movie and a recipe that you want to try to recreate .
56. Pinterest: I could spend hours on Pinterest. Shameless plug...you should go follow my Pinterest with all of my interesting blog posts.
57. Play video games: If you love video games I highly recommend take the time to play with your video games. I recently just got the animal crossing video game and I haven't put it down since.
58. Bullet journal/journaling
59. Learn a language: If you are fascinated with different languages I suggust you to start learning one on Duolingo. This app has saved me so much from learning French.
60. Spring clean
61. Learn to draw
62. Create a scrapbook: If you travel a lot or have a lot of pictures with your friends and family that you want to remember.
It is not that hard and you can find all of the different materials to start one at your local craft store or on Amazon.
63. Send a note: If you have any friends or family that long-distance write them a letter to tell them how much you miss them. If you're feeling fancy get one of those stamps for the back.
64. Research your dream place to live: If you are graduating from college just getting ready to move this is the perfect time for you to research the place that you are wanting to live.
You can look up the city that you want to live the nearest apartments around there, places to eat, and things to do.
65. Find a side hustle
66. Stretch or yoga: a good thing to add him to your evening routine is to start practicing yoga or just stretching before bed.
According to Healthline, stretching before bed provides multiple physical benefits like relieving muscle tension or help with cramps.
67. Go on a bike ride
68. Try a not to laugh or cry challenge: I love these challenges on YouTube and it's just fun to see how far you can go into the challenge.
69. Cook a new recipe: Get out of your comfort zone and try a new recipe to share with your family
70. Decorate your dorm room: If you're looking for how to decorate your next dorm room or apartment. I have a full blog posts of really cute dorm room ideas that you need to copy.
- Top 10 Places to Shop For Dorm Decor
- 20 Pinterest-Worthy Dorm Decor You Need to Steal
- 12 Things That I Regret Bringing to College
71. Create a season bucket list: Create a season bucket list for winter, fall, spring, or summer.
72. Create a life bucket list
73. Retail therapy: If you need a little retail therapy go online shopping and shop for new clothes or some new decor to add to your room.
74. Build a fort: I love building forts! It is so much fun to create you could add fairy lights or pillows in your forts it's all up to your imagination.
75. Organize your junk drawer: we all have that junk drawer that we put almost everything we don't have a place for it in that drawer. It's time to finally organized it and find the things a rightful place.
76. Plan a party
77. Practice self-care: take the time to take care of yourself and create a self-care routine. It's always important to make sure you take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically will help. Here are some self-care ideas that I practice.
78. Learn a choreographer dance: If there's a movie that you've always wanted to learn the dance to look up on YouTube a dance tutorial on it. I've always wanted to learn how to do This Is Me from the Greatest Showman
79. Watch the sunset or sunrise
80. Learn a Tik Tok dance: You know there's that Tik Tok dances that you've always wanted to try but it wasn't sure how.
There's this Youtube Channel that teaches you step-by-step on how to do the Tik Tok dances to impress your friends.
81. Do an at home workout: If you don't feel like going to the gym why not work out from home.
THIS POST SHOWED YOU
Best THINGS TO DO WHEN BORED at Home
Other Posts You May like:
- 63 Amazing College Care Package Ideas to Send to Your Loved One
- 7 Stunning Wall Gallery Ideas for your Dorm Room
- 23 Mouthwatering Microwaveable Mug Meals that you Need to Try
- 8 Tips for the Perfect College Schedule
Don't Forget to Pin to your Productivity Board!